Since the 1910’s, the majority of homes in the United States have had garages. That means there are a lot of garage doors. When it’s time for garage door service and repair, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Get Multiple Bids
It’s always wise to get multiple bids when you need to have work done on your home. Since it’s not an everyday task, getting quotes will give you an idea of current rates (just make sure you compare apples to apples). For example, if you’re replacing your old garage door with a new one, give some thought to choosing the right garage door material for your home. There are a lot of factors to consider, such as the weather, temperatures, seasons, the amount of rain or snow, and the compatibility of the garage door material to the appearance of your home. Steel garage doors in Chesapeake, VA, are a practical and popular option.
Don’t Neglect Due Diligence
Ask for and verify important information:
- Check BBB Ratings. If a company isn’t accredited or has a poor rating, then think twice about working with them.
- Time in Business. How long have they been in business?
- Reputation. Does the company have a sound reputation in the area?
- Service Availability. Do they offer 24-hour service?
- Response Time. When the garage door needs to be fixed or you need garage door opener repair in Chesapeake, VA, ask how long it will take to get a technician to your location. You want to work with a company that is responsive to customer needs.
- Read Reviews. Look for good customer service.
- Employees. Do they use sub-contractors or are technicians employees of the company?
- Website. Most reliable companies will have a website.
Watch for Red Flags
- Excessive advertising. Companies that do huge amounts of advertising recoup expenses by charging high prices.
- Listen to your gut instincts. If you get an uneasy feeling, trust your intuition. A good repair company should make you feel at ease and confident in your hiring decision.
Ask Friends for Recommendations
A positive referral can help your search for a reputable company. Asking friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors for recommendations is one of the best ways to find a trustworthy garage door repair company.