It isn’t unusual for a garage door opener to last a decade or more, but eventually it will stop working the way it should. How do you know when it’s time to call for garage door opener repair in Newport News, VA?
The most common signs that it’s time to repair or replace your garage door opener are:
- Garage door Won’t Open – If your garage door won’t open, the first thing you should do is change the batteries in your remote garage door. That’s often all you have to do. However, if the problem persists after you’ve put in new batteries, then you may need help from an experienced technician.
- Unusual Noises – If the door sounds like it’s trying to open or close when you press the garage door remote, but doesn’t, you may have forgotten to reconnect the door and opener. If you start hearing noises you’ve never heard before, it may be time to call an expert that does garage door repair in Newport News, VA.
- Works Intermittently – If your garage door works sometimes and not others, and you know it’s not the batteries, the next step is to have the system inspected by a garage door technician.
- Lacks Features You Want – You may want to think about replacing your old garage door opener if it doesn’t have features you want like ultra-quiet operation, battery back-up, or a keypad interface that lets you enter through the garage door even when you don’t have the garage door remote opener with you.
- Works On Its Own – A garage door that opens or closes without you pressing the remote creates safety and security problems that require immediate attention from a garage door service company in Newport News, VA.
Replace a garage door opener before it quits for good. These warning signals alert you to a need to call for garage door opener repair in Newport News, VA, before the problem forces you to try to open the door by hand.